Stats and map from Yesterday’s Paddle

Stats and map of yesterday’s paddle not entirely accurate as I forgot to switch on immediately
#sportstracker

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 17.07.43.png

Advertisements
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Pre Christmas Paddle

Pre Christmas Paddle 2nd December 2017 .
From The Waterside at Mountsorrel round the backwater to Quorn and Barrow loop, back for a drink at The Waterside. Photos by Dave Morris and Graeme Young

24796358_10214790455573277_8210466576568327780_n.jpg

24176655_1870428462971871_2356781553651623437_n.jpg

24231882_1870428639638520_4105979448848953499_n.jpg

24176827_1870428566305194_4356677480451822272_n.jpg

24232389_1870428689638515_114582545348867230_n.jpg

24059182_1870428339638550_4693623026190583409_n.jpg

24273526_10214790453933236_6578705878456110823_o.jpg24177026_10214790451653179_2002291073857760656_n.jpg

24296439_10214790459453374_8072076039310822854_n.jpg

24174625_10214790455013263_5515238943771009098_n.jpg

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Annual General Meeting

QAC

End of Season Social

and

Annual General Meeting

Wednesday 8th November 2017

7.00pm at SBC Normanton upon Soar

 

The AGM will be kept as short as possible with the main topic for discussion being the proposed full integration of QAC into the Soar Boating Club (see e-mail attachment for the proposal).

Please send other items for the agenda to Dave ASAP.

 

There will be a slide show from the past year with refreshments and the bar being available.

Offers of snacks, cakes or other food for the refreshments will be most welcome.

Please advise Dave of what food you can provide either by WhatsApp or e-mail.

Thanks
Dave Morris

Proposal for QAC and SBC Committee 2017

  1. That QAC will become fully integrated into SBC. This is essentially broadly in line with the details minuted at the May Committee meeting.
  2. QAC will change its name to Soar Boating Club Paddlers, but keep the Duck as their paddling emblem.
  3. Current equipment will remain the property of “QAC” paddlers, so that in the event of any future need to separate there is no issue with distributing previous QAC assets out of SBC. So, trailers, boats, buoyancy aids, paddles etc.
  4. Propose to set up new SBC bank account to use for paddling funds. This would be ear marked money for use on paddling activities, items such as:
    1. New boats/equipment
    2. Canoe England affiliation fees
    3. Equipment repairs
  5. Decisions regarding the use of these funds would be controlled by the paddling subcommittee.
  6. Any new equipment bought would be the property of SBC and remain such in the event of any future separation.
  7. All equipment and paddling activities to be controlled by “Paddling” Sub Committee (essentially as now).
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Photos from Ripon to York

21949925_10214179458018720_2486517656408432689_o.jpg

21950044_10214179453058596_1779841468322695847_o.jpg

22042029_10214179571341553_3831037819824436659_o.jpg

21993078_10214179457338703_2102751780147190905_o.jpg

22042140_10214179482739338_1548227693454853269_o.jpg

21950852_10214179495739663_8208981649649511376_o.jpg

21994068_10214179519500257_5398581556069747791_o.jpg

21765813_10214179547820965_643867760908635578_o.jpg

22047976_10214179572661586_3208773596723344191_o.jpg

Photos by Dave Morris

 

21951044_10211872613825566_5905248461587567922_o.jpg

21950857_10211872613785565_7404827872934697384_o.jpg

21768700_10211872613745564_5298858534183669213_o.jpg

21768797_10211872614545584_889501451097108575_o.jpg

21768700_10211872613745564_5298858534183669213_o.jpg21994261_10211872614505583_3798324999493552597_o.jpg

21949830_10211872614985595_96864193399441005_o.jpg

21992716_10211872614665587_4203218094687813167_o.jpg21993164_10211872615385605_8022470415207483436_o.jpg

21994295_10211872615505608_8152423383701088824_o.jpg

Photos by Paul Sharpe

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Nottingham Loop 12 August 2017

A few photos of the Nottingham Loop by Dave Morris

20728339_10213763500420040_8391650681446830296_n.jpg

20799786_10213763503340113_7066430495746172816_n.jpg

20729566_10213763499500017_3055975235135432768_n.jpg

20799790_10213763501100057_1097803892369821869_n.jpg

20727883_10213763501380064_7290734975397009710_n.jpg

20728032_10213763499980029_6472791848355783955_n.jpg

20767792_10213763499940028_5274051946277066502_n.jpg

 

20800000_10213763502580094_8289532321747405706_n.jpg

20770326_10213763501900077_8091676699720850059_n.jpg

20767792_10213763499940028_5274051946277066502_n.jpg

20770133_10213763503780124_8390305380563531153_n.jpg

20729566_10213763499500017_3055975235135432768_n-1.jpg

20729312_1756158454398873_7290161652161019218_n.jpg

Yesterday’s paddle completed 14.7 miles, 6 hour paddling and the first 8 miles into a head wind….. it was fun and hard work.

 

Posted in Trip/Nottingham loop | Leave a comment

Trent loop trip 12th August

We are planning to run the Trent loop trip on Saturday 12th August….so an ideal tag on to the Family & Friends night at the Club on Friday 11th. Perhaps a camp over!

So, the trip runs from Holme Pierrepont, up the River Trent (past the football stadium), onto the canal section that runs all the way up to Beeston, then portage back on to the River Trent (although a section that is not navigable to larger craft) and then finally back on to the deeper River back to Holme Pierrepont.

The trip is c. 12 – 13 miles and so a good warm up before our trip from Ripon to York in September.

If you are interested in coming along, put the date in your diary and let me know so we have an idea of numbers/boats.

Paul Sharpe

 19961558_10211326744419172_6353811456737536328_n.jpg
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Two Star Course

Hi All,

Nigel is proposing to run a two star course at the club on either of the two following weekends;

26th – 27th August
Or
2nd – 3rd September

Could you please message him direct with your preferred weekend and any questions.

 Shane
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment